We understand that some people are still using older computers. Sometimes the software goes a bit crazy and you can’t get your emails. So we put together this simple guide for users of older versions of Outlook and Outlook Express. Restore outlook express.
Set Up An Outlook / Express Email Account
We understand that some people still use older computers. Sometimes those computers need wiping, resetting or sometimes the settings just break.
2. Set Up An Outlook / Express eMail Account The Internet Connection Wizard makes short work of setting up your online mailbox by walking you through each step for every email account you set up. 1. Before you get going, make sure you know your email address and the following information. (You may need to contact your ISP, Internet Service Provider, to get it.
3. Information about the email servers The type of email server you use: POP3 (most email accounts), HTTP (such as Gmail), or IMAP The name of the incoming email server ○ For POP3 and IMAP servers, the name of the outgoing email server (generally SMTP or just “mail.yourserver.com”)
4. Information about your account: ○ Your account name and password ○ Find out if your ISP requires you to use Secure Password Authentication (SPA) to access your email account—yes or no is all that’s required. Start Outlook Express,Click >>Tools >> Accounts. If the Internet Connection Wizard starts up automatically, skip ahead to step 4. Click Add >> Mail to open the Internet Connection Wizard.
5. On the Your Name page of the wizard, type your name as you want it to appear to everyone who gets email from you. Click Next. Most people use their full name, but you can use any name—even a nickname—that people will recognise. On the Internet Explorer Address page, type your email address, and then click >>”Next”.
6. On the Email Server Names page, fill in the first block of information that you gathered from your ISP in step 1, and then Click Next. Note: If you chose HTTP as your incoming email server—as for a Hotmail or Gmail account—this wizard page changes slightly so you can identify your HTTP mail service provider.
7. On the Internet Mail Logon page, type your account name and password. Note: If you’re concerned about security to your email, click to remove the tick/check in the “Remember Password” box. You’ll then be prompted for the password each time you send or retrieve mail.
8. Click Next >> Finish. You’re ready to send your first email! Unsure if your new email account is working? Send an email message to a friend. If they get the message, your account is ready to roll! If you run into problems setting up your account, Outlook Express offers help. Search for troubleshooting topics from Contents and Index on the Help menu.
This article comes from the Microsoft support:
For other articles on how to restore outlook express. see.
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-an-email- account-to-Outlook-for-PC-6e27792a-9267-4aa4-8bb6- c84ef146101b?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
9. Get your Website Found http://www.peakdistrictseo.co.uk